Council of Canadian Opthalmology Residents
The Council of Canadian Ophthalmology Residents (CCOR) is a committee of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS). Our group is run by volunteer ophthalmology residents from across Canada. We provide a platform for resident collaboration, advocacy, and dissemination of educational and career-planning resources. We host a resident-targeted symposium at the COS Annual Meeting, as well as other social events throughout the year.
The following platforms serve as the basis for our activities
- To provide a strong voice for ophthalmology residents across the country by representing and consolidating resident interests and needs
- To promote excellence in ophthalmology training across Canada by identifying current issues perceived by Canadian residents and working together to find solutions
- To initiate research projects that engage residents from across the country and foster collaborative efforts
- To assist residents with fellowship and career planning
- To increase awareness regarding future challenges that young ophthalmologists will face and provide a platform for advocacy