Benefits of Your COS Membership
Be part of the excitement! At any point in your career, becoming a member of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS) has many benefits.
Engage and Connect with your Ophthalmic Community
- Connect with ophthalmologists, residents, and other stakeholders in the eye health team through exclusive COS run events and resources.
As a COS Member you get access to:
- The COS Annual Meeting and Exhibition, with an annual attendance of more than 1,100 Canadian ophthalmology professionals. All COS Members qualify for a discounted registration rate.
- Physician focused educational resources, workshops, and programs to earn CPD/CME credits.
- Ongoing leadership opportunities on the Board of Directors or one of the COS Councils and Committees, and COS listserv.
- COS co-developed higher education opportunities.
- And much more.
Continuously build on your medical portfolio
- Establish and grow your professional resume from residency to retirement through research dissemination, committee work, awards, abstracts, workforce planning.
- Become a caretaker and advocate of the profession and support the voice of ophthalmology within the vision health space.
Stay updated on COS’ advocacy and communications efforts, through our Council on Advocacy
- Have your voice heard on advocacy and public affairs issues, including provincial eye health councils, advocacy infrastructure within the provinces, as COS advises the provincial physician advocacy leads.
- Be represented at Federal Government Lobby Days and annual meetings with key federal government and Opposition members.
- Implement a strategy to establish ophthalmology as the most effective advocate for quality eye care with federal and provincial governments.
- Increase public awareness of the role of ophthalmology as the medical and surgical leader of the “eye care team”.
- Increase the understanding of the value of ophthalmologist’s services and skill amongst the public, physicians, the media, government, and health policy makers.
- Lend your voice to advocacy and communications work on behalf of all ophthalmologists.
Continue to be informed on all things Ophthalmology in Canada
- Receive a free subscription to the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology (CJO).
- Gain members-only access to resources, including our online membership directory and regular COS updates in Advocacy, MOC updates, Education and more.
- Receive complimentary job postings through the COS listserv.
- Receive timely information on various drug shortages affecting the profession.
- Get the latest news and updates in ophthalmology, including PPE and COVID related guidelines.