Chair: Ike K. Ahmed, MD, FRCSC
Co-chair: Garfield Miller, MD, FRCSC
Join us for the 51st Sally Letson Symposium for two and a half days of learning and networking!
The 51st Sally Letson Symposium will be dedicated to the effective, efficient, and empathetic management of our glaucoma patients. A dynamic faculty of international experts will guide the audience in comprehensive approaches to the most common and challenging glaucoma entities. The whole armamentarium of medical, laser, and surgical therapies will also be addressed in the context of individual patient needs. Expert debates and audience interaction will help us tackle some of the hottest topics, controversies, and cutting edge developments in the field. This program will aim to leave your entire eye care team with the right tools to deliver the best in glaucoma care.
This symposium is designed for ophthalmologists, optometrists, technologists, nurses, trainees, and other allied health professionals.
Program learning objectives
At the completion of this symposium, participants will be able to:
- Reliably evaluate glaucoma using the latest in diagnostic technologies
- Choose the most appropriate next step in medical, laser, or surgical intervention based on a patient's unique circumstances
- Create a comprehensive plan for cataract surgery in the glaucoma patient
- Identify and address challenges in daily living for the glaucoma patient
- Summarize the cutting-edge research in glaucoma including neuroprotection and artificial intelligence