Posters: Instructions to Authors
Location: Room 100, World Trade and Convention Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Set-up: Wednesday, June 4, 1400-1730 and Thursday, June 5, 0600-0700
Take-down: Saturday, June 7, 1545-1800
Size: Total usable space per poster board is 91" wide by 45" high
Poster award presentation: Current Concepts I, Thursday, June 5, 0800-1000
You are requested to be at your poster during breakfast (0700 to 0800) to answer questions. We've scheduled specific days for specific subspecialties:
- Thursday, June 5: Pathology, Pediatrics, Oculoplastics, Uveitis
- Friday, June 6: Retina, Neuro-ophthalmology, International & Public Health, Vision Rehabilitation
- Saturday, June 7: Cataract, Cornea, Glaucoma
COS Poster Awards of Excellence: Criteria
1st place, $1000; 2nd place, $750; 3rd place, $500
IMPORTANT: To be considered for the award, your poster MUST be submitted electronically as a PDF in ADVANCE of the meeting. You must also submit 3 summary PowerPoint slides for presentation, which will be presented if your award is chosen as a winner. Upload your poster PDF and 3 summary slides directly to http://cos2014.mediaco.ca.
Posters must be received before 2400 EDT Monday April 28 to be eligible for the award.
The authors of the best three posters will give a simple 2-minute presentation to increase exposure of their work and facilitate further discussion with meeting attendees. This presentation will be during Current Concepts I on Wednesday June 4. As such, to be considered for the award, you must submit 3 slides with your poster:
- Slide 1 - Name of authors, affiliation(s), and title of the poster
- Slide 2 - Main question addressed by your work (primary outcome measured)
- Slide 3 - Conclusion reached by the work
The goal of the presentation is NOT to summarize the poster but to INTRODUCE the work described in the poster. We will not accept more than 3 slides.
NB: All discussions, questions and description of minutiae are to take place AT THE POSTER. The session chair WILL STOP presenters who exceed their time, regardless of their place in the presentation. The first author of the winning posters will be contacted by the Adjudication Committee Chair in advance of the meeting to discuss details of the presentation.
Posters will be evaluated according to communicability, scientific communication and scientific merit/value. Judges will be looking for things like:
- Innovative research, rigorous methods and conclusions supported by results
- Title, authors are easily identifiable
- Research question, background, methods, results, discussion and conclusion are relevant, logical and linked to one another
- The poster is engaging, clear and eye catching
- Formatting is appropriate and logical; graph and tables and clear and easily visible
- Clear information that can be read in 3-4 minutes
Please note: All delegates must register for the meeting and pay the appropriate registration fees.