COS in the News
Receiving a cornea transplant
On World Sight Day, we speak to Dr. Phil Hooper of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society about eye health.
Studio 5 (iTunes), 12 October 2017
Recognizing excellence in Ontario’s ophthalmologists
On September 14, 2017, during the Annual General Meeting which was held in Ottawa, Ontario, the Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (EPSO), presented awards of distinction to Dr. Iqbal Ike K. Ahmed and Dr. W. Bruce Jackson.
Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, September 2017
Peterborough doctor receives lifetime achievement award
Peterborough’s Dr. W. Bruce Jackson was awarded the Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s Lifetime Achievement award in recognition for his distinguished career of service to the specialty of ophthalmology.
MyKawartha.ca, September 19, 2017
COS member receives mentorship award
Dr. Sherif El-Defrawy, a COS past president and highly esteemed ophthalmologist, has received the Region 3 mentor of the year award from the Royal College.
RCPSC, September 2017
Total eclipse of the sun
“We asked the experts at the Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS) to share their top tips for viewing—alone or with kiddies—this incredible natural phenomenon.”
, August 17, 2017
Eye doctors dominate list of top billers in Manitoba
– “Brandon ophthalmologist Dr. Guillermo Rocha, president of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society, said it would be wrong to assume physicians are pocketing these high amounts.”
Winnipeg Free Press
, 7 July 2017
Life happens when you See the Possibilities
– “‘See the Possibilities’ is a public awareness campaign to educate Canadians on the important role that ophthalmologists play and the transformative effects they can have on our daily lives.”
Organized Chaos, 19 June 2017
Dr. Phil Hooper talks about COS’s See the Possibilities campaign – “Approximately half a million Canadians are estimated to be living with significant vision loss…”
Live from Studio Five, 24 May 2017
Helping see the light about ophthalmologists
– “The association representing Canada’s medical eye doctors has launched an awareness campaign using real-life medical success stories to drive awareness of eye health and the professionals dedicated to it.”
Strategy Online, 23 May 2017
May is National Vision Health Month
– “The Canadian Opthalmological Society launched their first public awareness campaign, “See the Possibilities” in honour of National Vision Health month.”
Jewel, 11 May 2017
COS he’s a jolly good fellow
– “Sitting down with… Guillermo Rocha, President of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS), and Medical Director of Ocular Microsurgery and Laser Center, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada.”
, April 2017
Challenges & Change
– Craig Oliver talks with Dr. Phil Hooper, Associate Professor at Western University and an ophthalmologist at the Ivey Eye Institute in London, Ontario about uveitis.
AMI Media Inc., 26 October 2016
2015 news stories
2014 news stories
2013 news stories